We'd like to keep improving our review process, and part of that means making sure that authors understand what happens when an item is submitted for review.
Reviewers use a combination of pre-prepared review responses and handwritten, personalised notes. The pre-prepared responses handle the most common errors and issues we see in the review queue, and are standardised to ensure that each review is as informative and clear as possible.
You may see variations of these rejection reasons across all our marketplaces:
- Your submission doesn't meet our quality requirements.
Unfortunately your submission doesn't meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.
- You have uploaded this submission to an incorrect category.This file would be better suited to the [correct category]. Please read the category upload instructions and resubmit this file using the [correct category] upload form.
- Your submission is too similar to existing items.
Though there may not be anything wrong with your file, we either have plenty of this submission type already or there is currently not enough demand from customers for this type of submission.
- You have resubmitted a previously rejected submission without changes. This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the MiH marketplace and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship.
- Your submission does not meet our maturity content guidelines. Unfortunately, your file contains inappropriate language and/or explicit sexual, violent or drug-related content, which will need to be removed from all previews and download files. Please remove offensive material from future uploads before submitting them.
- Your submission contains watermarked images not from Made in Home site. Your submission appears to include watermarked images or other watermarked assets not from MiH's marketplace.
- Your submission is not suitable for sale due to copyright or intellectual property issues. We're not able to accept your submission as it appears to contain copyrighted content or content in the submission is protected by intellectual property rights and is not allowed to be sold as commercial stock.
- Your submission has an incorrect description. Your file description was either not relevant, not appropriate, or contained a list of keywords/tags, which is not allowed. Descriptions should briefly and coherently describe what is in your submission.
- Your submission has incorrect tags. Your submission contained no tags/keywords or contained tags which were irrelevant or misleading. Please add some descriptive tags/keywords to your submission via the dedicated tagging section of the submission form. For help with effective descriptions and tags, see here.